The Skills for Health Core Learning Unit (SfH CLU) has delivered core learning programmes since October 2005 following the demise of the NHS University (NHSU).
Their programmes are funded by Health Education England and are available free of additional charge to NHS staff.
The following programmes are available from the Core Learning Unit:
- Being Open
- Cancer Information Prescriptions
- Child Protection Awareness in Health
- Equality & Diversity
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Immunisation and Vaccination
- Infection Prevention
- Infection prevention and you
- Principles of Infection Prevention
- Preventing Healthcare Associated Infections Associated with Short-Term Urinary Catheters
- Preventing Healthcare Associated Infections Associated with Long-term Urinary Catheters
- Preventing Healthcare Associated Infections Associated with Vascular Access Devices
- Information Prescriptions
- Infusion Device
- Manual Handling
- Medical Gas Courses
- BOC Medical Gas Safety Nurse Training
- BOC Medical Gas Safety Porter Training
- Mixed Messages
- Food Nutrition and hydration in Health & Social Care
- Personalised Care planning
- Public Health Awareness
- Understanding Personal Safety and Security Awareness
The CLU programmes can be accessed anywhere, anytime and are used by a range of healthcare and education providers. They are all available via the NHS Electronic Staff Record system OLM elearning function.
The learning programmes have been developed for all staff working within the health and social care sectors and they support KSF, CNST and Standards for Better Health.