The Workforce Planning Capacity and Capability programme will focus on:
- Increasing and improving capacity to and capability in planning for and managing the workforce within organisations;
- Addressing cross organisational workforce planning strategic needs, particularly ensuring sustainability within the workforce to support the 18 Week target;
- Promoting workforce planning across care pathways;
- Providing master classes in data sourcing;
- Embedding and improving the utilisation of Electronic Staff Record;
- Developing a framework to manage systematically the ageing workforce and to make optimum use of the flexibility offered by the new NHS pension scheme.
The objectives of the programme are to ensure Trusts:
- Have a clear and up to date workforce profile;
- Are active in managing the existing workforce and addressing resource consequences;
- have sufficient information to plan the learning and development needs of tHeir workforce so that appropriate use is made of available funding;
- Are able to participate in evaluating the risk to service delivery arising from workforce supply difficulties;
- Are pro-active in their thinking about future workforce need so that they can grow a more flexible workforce that can be reshaped over short timescales to meet the need of new models of service delivery.
For more information please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org – Workforce Development and Quality Manager
email@example.com – PA Workforce Development